Ginger-Orange Glazed Carrots
Thanks to the fat free vegan website for this delicious recipe.
- 1 pound baby carrots or peeled carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. ginger root, grated
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel (plus additional for garnish)
- 2 tbsp. agave nectar, sugar, or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optional or to taste)
- Place the carrots in a medium-sized sauce pan and add salt and water. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil just until carrots are beginning to soften, about 3 minutes for very small carrots, longer for thicker carrots. Drain water and return carrots to sauce pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the carrots and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook uncovered, stirring often, until the liquid is reduced until very little–about a tablespoon–remains. Serve hot, warm, or cold with additional orange peel as garnish.